Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Best Drugstore Makeup

Inexpensive Highstreet Makeup Options


Best drugstore highstreet makeup

I use a wide range of products and still get a thrill whether I'm spending £5 or £50! I've had a look through my collection and these are my fave inexpensive budget beauties: From Left to Right:


1. L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, £10.99

This is one of my favourite mascara's full stop, it's just a bonus that it's also at the cheaper end of the mascara spectrum. The wand is on the thin side which isn't to everyone's taste, but it stays on all day - no smudging and no flaking. I prefer this over most of the highend mascaras I've tried (which is a lot!).

2. L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstic, £7.99 

Sheer and very soft on the lips; leaves them feeling gorgeously moisturized. This lipstick has the most lovely light texture to it, similar to a tinted lip-balm - but with better coverage! My favourite shade is Dating Coral - warm, soft, pinky coral with a slight orange undertone; Beautiful!

3. Max Factor Bronzing Powder, £6.99

Not only do you get a lot for your money in terms of product size, but this is also an incredible bronzer. It has a very slight shimmer leaving a lovely glow to the face. I sometimes use all over for a bronzed look, or as a light contour for my cheeks, jawline and forehead.

4. L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim, £6.99

This liquid liner is very user friendly; it's in felt- pen format and has a very thin, precise tip which enables a lot of control when trying to create a wing effect. I use this when I'm in a rush and don't have the time to use gel liner. It's quick and easy to use. 

5. MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette, £4.00

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette springs to mind here! By no means are the eye shadow's as pigmented as the Urban Decay, BUT I actually found this to be far better quality than I expected! It has a great selection of colours and at £4.00 it's a bargain!


Finished Look:

Using all the products listed above, including my favourite Revlon Colorstay Foundation:

Cheap makeup tried and tested reviews swatch
Image 'highlighted' to show true colour likeness. No other editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment