Sunday 30 November 2014

Essie Nail Wraps

If I'm being completely honest my nails usually look a hot mess. I enjoy painting them but never seem to have the time to re-do them every couple of days, so they're often chipped. I figured that nail stickers may help my issues and I've wanted to try them for ages now, but I've heard lots of mixed reviews. With the party season approaching, I thought I'd give them a whirl!



ESSIE NAIL WRAPS 

£10.00 - From Debenhams, Boots etc.
In the pack: x18 stickers, nail file, instructions. 
Available in a variety of designs. 
Claim to last up to 10 days. 
Claim to be quick and easy to apply.


APPLICATION 

I thought I'd need to cut the stickers to fit my nail shape but that wasn't necessary. I selected the sticker that was a similar width to my own nail and then simply stuck it on! I then used the file provided to buff off the excess overhang. A couple of times I had little air bubbles, so I carefully unpeeled the sticker back and reapplied it. I then pressed each one down firmly to make sure they were stuck on tight!

Tip: Make sure you wash your hands just before application to make sure there is nothing preventing the wraps from sticking.



VERDICT 

I'm actually really happy with the way they look. I've never attempted nail art, so these stickers are great for those of us who wouldn't know where to start ...or don't have the time. 

It's only been 4 days but I've already tested these bad boys out big time - I'm in the process of moving house, so I've been making up boxes, packing, disassembling furniture, cleaning etc. Plus I love a soak in the bath, and I also apply hand cream CONSTANTLY. So all in all, I wasn't expecting them to last very long at all, but so far so good!

Pros: They were easy to apply and I also love the fact that there is no drying time ...I ALWAYS smudge my nails after I've pained them!! As I already mentioned they have lasted really well so far, and even if they only manage to stay on for a week I'll be very pleased.

Cons: I feel the price is quite steep seeing as a bottle of Essie nail polish is cheaper, however, I did wear them for a special occasion and I guess having my nails done professionally for a similar event would have been more expensive. 




No comments:

Post a Comment