Thursday 20 November 2014

GOLD Glam Party Eyes - NEW Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow

I recently purchased the new metallic Max Factor Excess Shimmer eye-shadow's in shades Copper and Pearl, so I thought I'd create two different glam party looks - today focusing on golds and tomorrow focusing on silvers.

MAX FACTOR EXCESS SHIMMER : COPPER

 

Gold Glam Party Eye Makeup tutorial

Creamy high pigment eyeshadow £7.99 from Boots
Claims to last up to 12 hours
Available in 6 shades

Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow Swatch Copper


APPLICATION:
As it's a cream formula, I used a concealer brush to apply over my eyelids and blend outwards. I used the excess shimmer as a base, and noticed that powder / glitter eyeshadow looked amazing on top. I also used the excess shimmer on the inner corners of my eyes, and below the bottom lash-line.

Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow Swatch Copper

VERDICT:
I have never gotten on well with cream eyeshadow in the past (especially as I have droopy eyes!) but this hardly creased at all. It lasted all day and created a gorgeous shimmer. Perfect to use by itself or to build up with other eye makeup.

 

 

If you would like to create this look. Here is a list of products I used:

THE EYES- in order of use :

1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (this is a must when using cream eyeshadow!)
2. Max Factor Excess Shimmer - Copper
3. Urban Decay Naked Palette - Half Baked
4. Urban Decay Naked Palette - Smog
5. Rimmel Soft Kohl Eye Liner
6. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Liner
7. Urban Decay Naked Palette - Darkhorse
8. Eylure Naturals 031 Lashes  

Max Factor Excess Shimmer Copper Tutorial Review

 

THE FACE - in order of use :

1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation
2. Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer
3. Benefit Watts Up Highlighter
4. Max Factor Bronzing Powder 
5. Benefit Rockateur Blusher
6. Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lipstick - Pale Peach

Max Factor Excess Shimmer Copper Tutorial Review




No comments:

Post a Comment