Saturday 15 November 2014

Highlighters, Illuminators and Shimmers


Best highlighters and illuminating makeup

I have a crush on highlighers, illuminators and shimmers. Anyone can wear a highlighter and needn't look like a disco ball; there are plenty of different looks you can create with these products:



NATURALLY DEWY

I find liquid products are best for that fresh, dewy look.  Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator (Bare) £11.99 has a nude undertone so isn't metallic like my other highlighters. It's very natural and light. You can add it to foundation for an all over glow, or you can easily blend it over makeup to catch the light in specific areas. 


GORGEOUSLY GLAMOROUS

I choose Benefit's Watts Up £24.50 when I'm going out with the girls or attending a party etc. This is a shimmery champagne highlighter which looks great for a glam look. It's also beautiful on olive / darker skin-tones ...or if you're like me ...a tan out of a bottle!


PINKS AND PEARLS 

Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl £24.50 is my most favourite highlighter ever and looks great with pink cheeks. The formula is a beautiful creamy liquid which is easy to apply and blend. I find this brightens up my whole face, without looking as though I'm wearing much makeup. It has a slight pearly pink tone to it, so I find this works best with blusher for a girly look. LOVE!


BRONZED VERSATILITY

No wonder the Bronze Shimmer Brick £32.50 is one of Bobbi Browns best sellers! Even with pale skin, this always looks lovely on my forehead and cheeks. It's very versatile as you can also use each individual shade as eyeshadow. I sometimes dab my finger across the lightest colour and pop this on my cupids bow and brow-bones.


EFFORTLESSLY RADIANT

For a bit of shimmer without the glitter - I love Illamasqua Gleam (Aurora) £20.00 . I'm not usually one for cream products, but this is quite subtle for a highlighter. It has a very light champagne sheen that would suit most skintones. It's easy to build up depending on the look you're after. Quick and easy!


I'M NOT WEARING MAKEUP ...HONEST!

As I mentioned in a previous post, highlighting concealers are a very natural way to brighten the face. You can use a highlighting concealer under the eyes to open them up, and down the nose to contour. I tend to use the YSL Touche Eclat £25.00 pretty much everyday as part of my base makeup.


To Conclude:
Best highlight and contour makeup

I often mix and match highlighters and shimmers - and tend to use a couple at a time - as I find that certain ones work best on different parts of my face. These products are great all year round, but especially look lovely during the festive season.



Google+
+Benefit Cosmetics UK
+Revlon UK
+Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
+Yves Saint Laurent

No comments:

Post a Comment