Saturday 1 November 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: Majorette Blusher, by Benefit

Majorette Cream Blusher, by Benefit

Apply Majorette with stippling brush

I bought this cream blusher on the release day back in September 2014. I have been using it on and off for a couple of months now and thought it was time to give my verdict. As someone who prefers powder blush, I was interested to see how I got on with it.

First Impression 


Our first meeting was at the +Benefit Cosmetics counter in +Boots UK. I had been particularly lazy with my makeup that day, so once the lovely lady had applied it to one cheek, I was
a) in love with it, and
b) felt ashamed at how 'dead' my bare cheek was in comparison! I purchased immediately!
As with all Benefit products, the packaging is cute and the blush is of high quality! I almost felt sad that I had to spoil the lovely flower design in the cream ....but I got over it pretty quickly and dived right in! Majorette is a peachy - pink and as someone with fair skin, I feel that this works very well with my skin tone.


Please note that for the purpose of this review, I applied a lot of blusher so that it would show up clearly on the photographs. I wouldn't usually apply this much...

Application 


Majorette Benefit Review  
Majorette, no flash
Initially I used my fingers ....as I do to apply most of my makeup, but over the past few weeks I've preferred to use a stippling brush (I use the one by Real Techniques as pictured above), it allows me to blend the product evenly. Unfortunately this can be a problem when my skin is having a particularly 'dry' day, so it can take a bit of time dabbing the product on carefully. As far as cream blushers go this is sooooo easy to use - no stripe effect yay!
The finish is very natural, leaving a lovely subtle glow; ideal if you prefer minimal makeup. Equally you can build it up fairly easily without looking cakey.


Tip

Benefit Majorette Blusher with Rockateur Box Blush 
Majorette + Rockateur, no flash
The 'Benebabe' at Boots had recommended wearing a powder blush over the top of the Majorette which initially I frowned at, as I didn't like the idea of spending a lot of money (in my opinion) on a product that required ANOTHER product on top. 
When I got home I tried out the idea just for fun, and (through gritted teeth) the Rockateur does look gorgeous over the top. This is especially nice if you prefer a matte look to your makeup.


Verdict 

I love this product and I'm glad that I have it as part of my collection. I kind of wish Benefit has released it at the beginning of the Summer as it's light and bright, like a splash of sunshine on your face. Compared to other creams I've tried in the past, this is definitely the easiest to use and the only one I have ever returned to. Through quickness I still tend to revert to my powders, and therefore cream blushes will unfortunately remain second in line.


Majorette Benefit Cream Blush
The finished look, with Lancome Lipstick in colour Rose Ideal

No comments:

Post a Comment