Sunday 21 December 2014

Makeup Trends 2015

I'm definitely not 'out with the old' just yet but today I'm looking ahead at the makeup trends of 2015.  I realise it's not even Christmas yet but as per usual, I'm impatient and eager to be one step ahead. I've condensed the top trends into three main, easy to do, gorgeous looks:


1. Au Naturel - Barefaced Beauty

Minimal makeup is making a come back. Even down to the eyebrows; girls ...no more colour blocking those brows!!! We're going for fresh faced and radiant, so even before the makeup begins, it's vital that skin is well moisturised and hydrated. You all know how much I love Eucerin products!

makeup trends 2015



Base: 
To help your skin look it's best use a primer such as Benefit The Porefessional.

The aim is to look as though your skin is naturally flawless, but if you're like me and prefer more coverage than a tinted moisturiser, I'd recommend using a dewy liquid foundation such as NARS Sheer Glow or Max Factor CC Cream.  

Create a natural soft pink glow on the cheeks with Maybelline Dream Soft Cream blusher or a cheek stain, such as Benefits Benetint. 

To add that extra skin perfecting glow - MAC Prep + Prime Fix Spray not only keeps makeup in place but also adds a fresh and slightly dewy look to skin.

Eyes: 
Matte nudes such as the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette is perfect for this look.
If you really want to follow the catwalks then glossy eyelids have been spotted on many models, but to prevent a sweaty betty look, my top tip is to use a cream or liquid highlighter lightly over the lids to add a subtle glow. The makeup artists actually use sheer lipstick to achieve this look!

If you just can't bear to part with the eyeliner, use a mid-brown pencil from the middle to the outer corners of the eyes to add some very light definition. I love Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Eye Definer.

Lips: 
You want a 'your lips but better' look, so simply go for a tinted lip balm (Burts Bees do a lovely range) or tinted lip stain, again Benefits Benetint would work really well here. 

To Finish:
Nude or soft baby pink coloured varnish on the nails and hair in a loose plait or fuss free pony tail. 




2. Smokin' - Charcoal Party Eyes

I love a look that's focuses on the eyes! Smokey needn't be difficult to achieve, even if you're not confident in your blending skills. Here are just a few products and tips to create one of my favourite looks:

makeup trends 2015


Base:
Whenever I do a smokey eye, I also like to contour as it adds to the glamorous look. I use a matte bronzer to contour under the cheeks and the top of the forehead and then a shimmering highlighter such as Benefits Watts Up on top of the cheek bones and cupids bow. If you want to contour the nose I like to use a highlighting concealer (or a product that's non-glittery) down the bridge of the nose. 

Eyes:
The trick is to build up colour; start with a natural all over base and then layer on the eyeshadows gradually getting darker in the outer corners and in the natural crease of the eyes. 

Eyeliner is an absolute must! Use a soft kohl or pencil that can easily be smudged. If you don't have the patience or time to smokify it, simply add a black or dark brown eyeshadow over the top of the eyeliner line to soften the finish.
For extra definition continue the kohl in the waterline. Add a thin line of liquid liner (my new favourite is Stila Stay All Day liner) over the eyelids starting from the very inner corners, flicking at the outer corners. Yes cat eyes are still going to be around next year (in my world they are hot every year, no?!). 

False lashes finish off a smokey eye perfectly, especially if you have small eyes - as the dark colours can make them look even smaller. my faves are Ardell Demi Wispies and Velour Whispie Me Away. 

Lips:
Nude lips are a smokey eyes best friend. L'Oreal do a great range of nudes to suit every skin tone: Color Riche Collection Privee

To Finish:
Hair needs to be textured and voluminous. I hear crimping is also making a come back but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet! 




3. Sunkissed - Bronzed Goddess 

For someone as pale as I am, I literally dream of having gorgeously bronzed 1970's Farrah Fawcett glowing skin. Achieving this can be quite an effort if you're fair skinned like me, so here are my fave products and tips to a (fake) bronzed goddess look:

makeup trends 2015


Base:
First thing is first, FAKE TAN! I love St.Tropez Bronzing Mousse as it's easy to apply and leaves a very natural finish ...even if you're as white as I am! I can also use this on my face without it irritating my skin. Happy days. 

To go all out with this look, apply some freckles over the nose and on the cheeks using a brown eye or brow pencil. Do this over the top of freshly applied foundation but before applying bronzer and setting powder to make it look authentic. 

Aside from using a matte bronzer to contour my cheekbones and forehead, I also use a shimmering bronzer such as Max Factor Bronzing Powder or Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick over the apples of my cheeks and very lightly down the bridge of my nose. 
Highlight the brow bones and cupids bow with Benefits Sun Beam - cute! 

Eyes:
Shimmering champagnes, glittering golds and soft browns are all perfect in achieving tanned glam eyes. Adding a thin line of gold eyeshadow or gold eyeliner under the lower lashes and a shimmering nude in the inner corners really opens up the eyes beautifully. 
Add a couple of Ardell Individual Lashes to the outer corners of the eyes. 

Lips:
Glossy, shiny, delicious lips! I love soft pink lipgloss (I'm thinking Estee Lauder Pink Star!) with an added touch of gold sparkly eyeshadow lightly dabbed in the very centre of the lips - stunning! 

To Finish:
Glamorous, big hair. Bare nails with mirrored metallic tips, or try gold varnish vertically down one half of every nail. Personally I also love coral colours with tanned skin, Delpozo used Essie Tart Deco polish on their models half moon manicures.


VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment