Friday 5 December 2014

Sweat-proof your Makeup



The clock strikes midnight on a girly night out, and after a few cocktails (and maybe some shots) and lots of dancing, you hope that the person staring back at you in the mirror with makeup sliding off and a missing eyelash is someone else. 

Or 

If you're like me - it's not so much the nights out but the days out; I love makeup, but sometimes I don't want to reapply it throughout the day, especially if it's a busy one or a special occasion! Sometimes I need long lasting finish from morning until bed, is that too much to ask?

Here are my top buys for sweat-proof makeup:

1. Blotting Sheets

I don't have oily skin but on a night out these bad boys have been life savers. When clutch bag space is minimal the last thing you need is powder compacts and brushes taking up precious space. Small but mighty, Boots Skin Clear Absorbing sheets are only £3.99. I also really like The Body Shop Tea Tree Blotting Tissues at £5.00.

2. Primer 

Day to day I don't usually wear primer as it can dry my skin out, but if I need to look my best all day or night,  I add Smashbox Photo Finish Primer to my routine (I believe they now have a hydrating version woop woop!).

3. Eye Primer

When I first heard of eye primer I thought it was a joke - like who needs to minimize pores on there eyelids. Haha duuuh!! But I got a free Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with a palette I purchased, and I've never looked back! It isn't just helpful for keeping your eyeshadow on, but it also keeps eyeliner firmly in place ALL DAY. £16.00 does seems expensive but a little bit goes a long way. By far my favourite makeup purchase of 2014. 

4 Eyeliner

As I mentioned, eye primer can be enough to keep on most eyeliners, but if you're after double the staying power, you may also want to invest in a waterproof liner too. Stila Stay All Day has great reviews and comes in 15 shades - I'm really looking forward to trying this! A personal favourite of mine is the reasonably priced Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Liquid Liner (by the way, it's not literally waterproof so don't go swimming with it on or anything!) £5.29 from Boots. Bargain!

5. Mascara

Waterproof mascara isn't only good for weddings and funerals ...it can be a great way to prevent any smudging or flaking when you're in for a long and busy day or night. I tend to also wear waterproof mascara on holiday as the humid weather always seems to melt away the standard stuff. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to mascaras, my favourite waterproof of all time has to be Lancome Hypnose

6. Setting Spray

I was just about the add the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to my shopping list when I came across two reviews raving about Makeup Revolutions Pro Fix Setting Spray. With a £15.00 price difference, I know which one I'm going to be trying first!

No comments:

Post a Comment