Wednesday 11 March 2015

Simply Stepping into Spring

Yesterday was the first day I actually felt like it was Spring; although it's still a bit chilly here in Cheshire, the sky was blue and the flowers in the garden have started to make an appearance. I definitely won't be getting my bikini out anytime too soon but it's nice to start wearing lighter shades and introducing pastel colours back in to my makeup routine.

Spring Makeup Look 2015


Here's what I used to create my Spring look:

Majorette Blusher, Benefit, £23.50

You may have read a review I did on this cream blusher last year when it first launched. I did highly rate it at the time but I also mentioned how I felt unlikely to choose it over my beloved powder blushers ...so I'm now eating my words ...I am LOVING this blusher right now. The creamy texture provides a refreshing look on the skin and the peachy pink colour looks great if your rocking a tan or the pale and interesting look. I've been using it every single day over the past couple of weeks. LOVE! 

benefit majorette blusher


benefit majorette blusher


Naked Basics Palette, Urban Decay, £23.00

Yes, another look using this palette!
For my simple Spring eye look, I used the shades 'Venus' - a slightly shimmy white, over the lids, and I used 'Naked 2' - a matte cool light brown in the crease. Not only does this naturally contour the eyes and add some subtle dimension, but by using a matte with the shimmer, it takes away that glittery and sparkly feel, and makes it more appropriate for a natural daytime look. 

urban decay naked basic palette


urban decay naked basic palette eyeshadow look


spring 2015 day makeup


Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner - Eastend Snob, £3.99 

I bought this as an impulse buy last week. It's beautiful all over the lips on it's own as a matte lip colour (as pictured below) but I then found out that it looks even more wonderful underneath my MAC Syrup lipstick, which is a shade I haven't worn for ages, but have a new found love for. 

rimmel exaggerate lipliner eastend snob


rimmel exaggerate lipliner eastend snob
Rimmel Eastend Snob lipliner all over lips, no lipstick


Syrup, MAC Lipstick, £15.00

I dug this out of my collection of lipsticks that I haven't worn in a while. Syrup is a pink lustre lipstick that has a cool violet undertone to it. I actually don't own any other lipstick like this one; the colour is very unique and perfect for Spring and Summer. 

spring 2015 mac syrup lipstick


spring 2015 mac syrup lipstick


spring 2015 mac syrup lipstick


No comments:

Post a Comment